Dental Check Up in Sandhurst
Whether you’re a new or existing patient, we look forward to welcoming you at Academy Dental Care.
General check-ups are the reason why many of our patients from Yateley Blackwater, Sandhurst, Camberley, Crowthorne, and throughout Berkshire visit us.
Regular dental check-ups will ensure that your teeth, gums and oral health stay in good condition. We recommend dental check-ups every 6 to 12 months and in this way, we help to prevent any dental problems from arising. If anything does crop up, we can treat it quickly and effectively before it becomes a major or costly problem.
What to expect from your first dental check up
Your first check up at Academy Dental Care will take longer than a regular check up. This will include:
- Discussion – We take the time to listen to any concerns or aspirations that you have about your smile. Most people are surprised about the time and attention that they receive.
- Complete dental health review – This is to assess the health of your teeth, gums and mouth. Many patients comment on how thorough we are!
- Low radiation digital x-rays – this is to detect any underlying cavities or decay. Small x-rays are included for new patients at this appointment – there are no hidden charges.
- Soft tissue screening – an oral cancer screen using advance fluorescent light technology at no extra cost.
- Education and advice – to provide you with useful hints and tips that will help you look after your oral health every day. All patients receive a bespoke treatment plan if required.
Other treatments available during dental check-ups
Whist our general check up appointments are mostly focusing on preventative dentistry, some of the treatments that might be necessary include:
A white filling will be used to repair a cavity or any decay in your tooth. Colour-matched to your other teeth, this will naturally blend in.
A crown sits on top of a damaged tooth and gives it protection from further harm.
If your tooth is damaged or needs to be removed to protect the health of the other teeth it will need to be extracted. It can also be extracted for planned treatment such as dental implants or teeth straightening. Rest assured this is a painless and fast treatment using local anaesthetic.
Membership Discount Scheme
We recommend you join our membership plan to ensure regular care and to get substantial discounts for your treatment. We offer 0% finance (subject to status) for treatment plans over £500 to help spread the cost.